Hadoop components for SSIS

This month I published a series on SQL Shack about the Hadoop components added to SSIS in SQL Server 2016 release. The series is composed of three articles as following:



SSIS Hadoop Connection Manager and related tasks

In this article, I gave a brief introduction to Hadoop and how it is integrated with SQL Server. Then, I illustrated how to connect to the Hadoop cluster on-premises using the SSIS Hadoop connection manager and the related tasks.


In this article, I briefly explained the Avro and ORC Big Data file formats. Then, I talked about Hadoop data flow task components and how to use them to import and export data into the Hadoop cluster. Then I compared those Hadoop components with the Hadoop File System Task. Finally, I concluded my work.


In this article, I talked about Hadoop Hive and Hadoop Pig Tasks. I first gave a brief overview of Apache Hive and Apache Pig. Then, I illustrated the related SSIS Hadoop components and alternatives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SSIS - Script Task error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Don’t install Hadoop on Windows!

SSIS - script component DateTime Formats Implicit Conversion