SSIS - Missing SSIS toolbox in Visual Studio

Problem:

I am running SQL Server 2014 on my machine. I have installed SSDT for Visual Studio 2017, which I also have. Now I am not able to find the SSIS Toolbox in my Visual Studio. Do I need to re-install the SSDT all over again? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Solution:

If SQL Server Data Tools are installed correctly, you can show SSIS Toolbox in 3 ways:

(1) Visual Studio Menu strip

Based on this Microsoft article:
If you can't see the toolbox, go to VIEW -> Other Windows -> SSIS Toolbox.
enter image description here

(2) From Context Menu strip

Or just Right click inside the Control Flow of any parent/child package and select 'SSIS toolbox', then the SSIS toolbox will be displayed just after that click. Read more
enter image description here

(3) Near SSIS tab pages

You can find a small button near the SSIS tab pages as shown in the following image:
enter image description here

Original post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48102365/missing-ssis-toolbox-in-visual-studio-2017/48102622#48102622

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SSIS - Script Task error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Don’t install Hadoop on Windows!

SSIS - script component DateTime Formats Implicit Conversion